Mother’s Day Ideas from the Delray GreenMarket
Mom always said, “The early bird gets the worm.” Guess this can apply when shopping for a Mother’s Day gift, too. This weekend is the Market’s second to last for the Spring 2014 season (May 10 is the last one until the Fall), so it’s high time to get thinking of what to get mom! Here are a few ideas to impress your mom on Sunday, May 11, all while benefitting local businesses.
- Fresh Flowers: You can never go wrong with these! Stop by Amazing Creations or The Orchid Doctor for the most beautiful, fresh arrangements around.
- Body Care: Pamper mom with a gift from Serenity Flow Soaps. They carry a varied selection of scents from lavender to sweet vanilla, and products from soaps to whipped shea butter. And stop by Tespen’s Body Care for a variety of products as well.
- A Furry Friend: Each weekend Tri-County Humane Society and Dezzy’s Second Chance Rescue bring adoptable dogs looking for “fur-ever” homes. Make sure you clear this one with mom first J
- A Home-Cooked Meal: At the Market you can find ingredients to whip up breakfast in bed or a gourmet dinner for mom. The possibilities are endless. There are fresh pastas from Pasta Amore, seafood from Independent Seafood and Finn-A-Atic Fish Co., spices from around the globe from The Spice Booth, Anita’s Guacamole and salsa if you are feeling some Mexican inspired dish and not to mention all the fresh fruits and veggies for a complete delicious and nutritious meal for mom. And for the carnivore, Farris Farm has grass-fed beef and poultry and Arrowhead Beef Co. is another option too!
- Dessert: Mom have a sweet tooth? The variety of desserts is endless. From brownies, to French pastries, muffins, breads and more. Life is short, eat dessert first!