9 Ways to Shop Smart at the Delray GreenMarket
- Once your meals are planned, bring your recipe and/or grocery list so you don’t forget anything that you’ll need.
- Don’t be impulsive; shop around for the vendor who has what you like. There are lots of wonderful varieties offered from the various GreenMarket suppliers.
- Ask questions. Lots of them. From where is the item sourced? Is it organic, and what does that mean? How do they recommend you cook or prepare the item? What is the vendor’s favorite/best-selling product? Us your trip to the market as an educational journey!
- Bring cash. Many vendors do take credit cards with their Square readers, but not all. Small bills are best.
- Bring a re-usable bag. Go green and support the environment! Also, it’s important to keep any raw products in a different bag from fresh produce and baked items to prevent any cross-contamination.
- Enjoy and take advantage of complimentary samples. You may find your new favorite fruit, dressing or discover something crazy cool that you can share at your next dinner party.
- The early bird gets the worm. Often the quantity of select products from vendors can be limited. Don’t let the snooze button prevent you from snagging your favorite items.
- Start small. Often it’s better to test the various products out in smaller quantities – especially new items – then, if you like it, you can return the following week and load up!
- Have a meal at the market! Grab breakfast or lunch from one of the vendors and relax under the palm trees as you enjoy your tasty treats al fresco