2014: New Year, New You!
Resolutions. Everyone makes them when the New Year rolls around, but the question is, do you keep them? And are they even attainable?
Setting achievable goals for the upcoming year to make a better you is important. Eating well and shopping local are two attainable resolutions you can make – and keep! – with the help of the Delray GreenMarket. Here are some ways you can start the New Year right and keep them going the whole year through.
1. Be bold and try new things! The GreenMarket is full of tasty, unique and hard-to-find products such as olives stuffed with blue cheese, organic empanadas and whey better butter, you just might find something you never knew that you’ve always loved!
2. Get your daily servings of fruits and veggies. Most of us don’t eat enough fruits and veggies. At the Market they are plentiful, with Interesting varieties and options for anyone to enjoy. In season right now are varieties of peppers, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, eggplant, corn, lettuce, arugula and herbs. And, for citrus lovers, enjoy oranges, grapefruit and tangerines.
3. Healthy dietary/lifestyle choices. There are lots of choices at the Delray GreenMarket, whether you choose to eat organic, vegan, free-range, gluten-free or sugar-free, there is something for everyone’s dietary preferences or needs.
4. Support local businesses. The products you buy and money you spend at the Delray GreenMarket stays in the local community and directly benefits the vendor. Skip the grocery store and find delicious treats from your neighbors instead of products that are transported from thousands of miles away.
5. Get some fresh air & exercise. Enjoy the warm weather and Vitamin D from the South Florida sun as you stroll around the market. After shopping, venture a little east and head down Atlantic Avenue to the beach!
And remember to visit us on Saturday, January 18 between 10am and 11am to receive $2.00 in GreenMarket bucks to spend with any GreenMarket vendor!